Western Sustainability Leaders Program
The Western Sustainability Leaders Program is a way for students to engage with sustainability throughout the year. Each month a different sustainability theme is featured with educational and experiential opportunities to get involved!
Monthly virtual events feature guest speakers working in the sustainability field from across campus and the broader community, providing pathways for students to meet professionals and build their networks.
Monthly Themed Events
Waste at Western Webinar - Thursday, September 24 at 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Mary-Lee Townsend, Sustainability & Compliance Manager and Anne Zok, Nutrition Manager in Hospitality Services, discuss the impact COVID-19 has on waste at Western, how we're mitigating the excess waste and what you can do to help on campus and at home! Webinar recording available here.
- Dr. Wren Montgomery, Assistant Professor, Sustainability & General Management at Ivey Business School and Heenal Rajani, Co-Founder of Reimagine Co will discuss the topic of "Buying Sustainably," and what that means for individuals and corporations.
Benefits for Students
This program has been designed collaboratively by Western Sustainability and a team of students! We believe student leadership is key for sustainability and have built this program to benefit students and build leadership skills in a number of ways:
- Gain recognition on Western's Co-Curricular Record by attending a minimum of four of our monthly events
- Network with professionals in various sustainability sectors
- Learn about a range of sustainability themes
- Stay updated on volunteer and leadership opportunities
- Connect with students from various academic backgrounds to discuss interdisciplinary solutions to sustainability challenges
The program is open to all Western students! If you would like to get involved, email us at email@example.com. Follow us on our Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to stay updated on our events, contests and leadership opportunities.