Green Building Tours
Western is committed to the highest standards of construction and will put forth its best efforts to undertake new building design and construction projects under Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). LEED is the most recognized green building rating system, with presence in 150 countries and over 1,800 projects certified in Canada. To learn more about LEED, visit www.cagbc.org
The following buildings have received their certification from Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC):
- Claudette MacKay-Lassonde Pavilion – LEED® Gold Certified
- McIntosh Gallery – LEED® Silver Certified
- Physics & Astronomy Building - LEED® Certified
- Public Health and Family Medicine - LEED® Silver Certified
- Ivey Business School - LEED® Gold Certified
- Stevenson Hall & Lawson Hall - LEED® Silver Certified
- WINDEEE - LEED® Silver Certified
- Ontario Hall Residence - LEED® Silver Certified
- The Collider - LEED® Silver Certified
- Delaware Hall - LEED® Silver Certified
- Music Building - LEED® Gold Certified
- Amit Chakma Engineering Building - LEED® Platinum Certified
- Western Interdisciplinary Research Building (WIRB) - LEED® Gold Certified
Green Building Tours are a great way to get an in-depth look at what makes these buildings sustainable. Tours are open to campus community members as well as the general public.
Student volunteers from EnviroWestern and from the MES program provide one-hour tours, which can be building-specific or visiting several buildings on campus. Each guided walk-through specifically focuses on green features implemented in these projects, such as: Water and energy efficiency measures, environmentally preferable building materials and construction methods and measures to maximize indoor air quality performance. During the tours, we also encourage discussions of sustainability and environmental initiatives.
If you’re interested on visiting any of our LEED® Certified buildings or LEED® Certification Candidate buildings, please send an e-mail to email@example.com including the following information:
- Your name
- Your e-mail
- Any accessibility requirements
- Several ideal tour dates and times
- Building(s) you’re specifically interested on visiting
- If requesting a tour for a group, please identify the number of individuals in your group
A Green Building Tour representative will contact you shortly with tour details (e.g., maps, parking information, etc.).
Thank you for your interest in Western's Green Building Tours!