Carpooling at Western
Carpooling is a simple way to take part in the climate change challenge while saving money, reducing congestion and conserving energy along the way. Commuters who live near each other and share a common destination form the simplest and most common "carpool" arrangement. Carpooling is ideal for those who commute long distances, are looking to save money, and have limited access to public transit or have few transportation options available to them.
Steps to Form a Carpool
- Register as a carpooler with our partner, the City of London: https://uwo.regionalrideshare.ca/en/my/
- Find a carpool partner
Find a Western colleague on your own, or use the portal above. Interested carpoolers must register a group of 2 or more members.
- Read and agree to the Carpool Program Policy
- Indicate your interest and schedule an appointment with the Parking & Visitor Services by:
- visiting office in person (room 4150 Support Services Building) or
- emailing the office at email@example.com
Benefits of Carpooling at Western
- Reserved Parking Space.
Choose the best spot for you and your group in your current parking lot
- Guaranteed Ride Home
Registered carpool members are eligible to use the guaranteed ride home program – learn more about this here (link to carpool program document)
- Complimentary Parking Vouchers
Each registered carpool member is entitled to four complimentary, one-day parking passes per term