Preparing your lawn for summer
It's that time of the year again. It's time to get the lawn ready for summer. Check out these environmentally friendly tips below to learn how you can create a ‘greener’, hassle-free lawn:
- Mow it high and let it lie - Set the cutting height on your lawn mower to 2.5 inches or higher. Longer grass prevents weeds and insects from invading. It also promotes root growth, which helps to lock in moisture.
- Water deeply – Promote longer roots by soaking your lawn once every one or two weeks rather than watering it every day.
- Water in the morning – Watering before 8 am reduces water evaporation so that you can get the most out of your water.
- Leaving grass clippings behind to reduce invasion by pest
- Add clover to your grass seed to increase beneficial nitrogen fixing bacteria